Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those who wish to increase their understanding of counselling skills however it does not qualify you to practice as a counsellor. You could use this knowledge in your current work, or as a basis for continued study to attain a level three qualification in the future should you wish.
Why do this course?
- Gain a nationally recognised accredited qualification
- Improve your core counselling skills
- Face to face and distance learning options available
- Personalised support
- Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
Level 3 award in Counselling skills and theory
Level 3 diploma in Counselling skills
Why choose our course:
The benefits of enrolling on our NCFE Level 2 counselling skills course:
There are no entry requirements and there will be no exams – all assignments are assessed by your tutor and added to your portfolio which will be Internally Quality Assured IQA and Externally Quality Assured EQA. All units are accredited by NCFE and CACHE.
Once registered and first payment received you will get full access to the Learner Zone. All learners whether classroom based, or distant learner will have access to tutor support via Email, or Telephone for the duration of the course.
What to expect:
Our multi-sensory integrative course uses visual aid, group-work and classroom activities which includes, questions and requires learner participation, class discussion or individual reflection. The delivery will be inspiring and inclusive for the learner. Lessons are designed to give learners the core knowledge, skills and competencies required to use counselling skills ethically and safely in their work environment.
Distant Learning – All learners get a year to complete the course.
Learners who sign up for this program will be expected to submit audio recordings for unit one showing their practice of the core skills. Throughout unit one there will be six opportunities for skills practice. When you have gained enough experience, you can record audios for unit 1 submission.
- The distant learner will be using the core skills while the speaker they have chosen talks, a witness or the speaker needs to fill out the observation sheet.
- Your audio will be assessed by your tutor and will be given feedback on the skills that you used.
- The audio will be added to your portfolio as evidence of skills practice along with the witness observation sheets.
- You can add more than two audios to be assessed if you choose.
Your assigned tutor will be available for learners to contact as much times as required either by email, or telephone for support and guidance during their availability.
Face to Face Learning – One day skills practice session or 5 days delivered over 5 weeks. For more information on the delivery please Contact us
What will you learn?
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Core Skills
- Unit 1a: Using core skills
- Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development
How much will it cost?
Special offer all-inclusive total fees of £365. For groups of more than six further concessions are available. Click here to see our easy payment options and payment terms & conditions for more information.
Want to know more?