Who is this course for?.
Our nationally recognised Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory is ideal for any learner who wishes to progress onto the Level 4 diploma to become a counsellor.
As with the Level 2 Certificate, learners will benefit from unlimited access to supportive and experienced tutors, excellent rated content, and resources, which are all available through our Life Learning Platform.
Why do this course?
- Gain a nationally recognised accredited qualification
- Improve your core counselling skills
- Face to face and distance learning options available
- Personalised support
- Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
Level 4 diploma to become a counsellor.
Why choose our course:
The benefits of enrolling on our NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory course:
There are no entry requirements and there will be no exams – all assignments are assessed by your tutor and added to your portfolio which will be Internally Quality Assured IQA and Externally Quality Assured EQA. All units are accredited by NCFE and CACHE.
Once registered and first payment received you will get full access to the Learner Zone. All learners whether classroom based, or distant learner will have access to tutor support via Email, or Telephone for the duration of the course.
What to expect:
Our multi-sensory integrative course uses visual aid, group-work and classroom activities which includes, questions and requires learner participation, class discussion or individual reflection. The delivery will be inspiring and inclusive for the learner. Lessons are designed to give learners the core knowledge, skills and competencies required to use counselling skills ethically and safely in their work environment.
Distant Learning – All learners get a year to complete the course.
Your assigned tutor will be available for learners to contact as much times as required either by email, or telephone for support and guidance during their availability.
Face to Face Learning – One day skills practice session or 5 days delivered over 5 weeks.
For more information on the delivery please Contact us
What will you learn?
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understanding different approaches to the use of counselling skills – Gain awareness of how the different approaches can be used in a helping relationship
- Unit 2: Developing and practising counselling skills – Practising counselling skills with tutor feedback and gain an understanding of applying, maintaining and ending a counselling skills relationship
- Unit 3: Working ethically in helping relationships – understand how to maintain ethical standards while using counselling skills
- Unit 4: Understanding the importance of self-development in relation to helping others – developing the importance of self-development, beliefs and values and identity areas for development
As part of Unit 2: Developing and practising counselling skills, you will need to submit three video recordings of the three models – Psychodynamic, Person Centred and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT showing your practice of listening and counselling skills.
– If you are using a purely on-line learning approach, you will need a friend or colleague to help you with this exercise, full guidance will be given to you on how to do this.
– If you’ve opted for the face to face option, this exercise will be included
How much will it cost?
Special offer all-inclusive total fees of £595. For groups of more than six further concessions are available. Click here to see our easy payment options and payment terms & conditions for more information.
Want to know more?