NCFE CACHE Level 2 Counselling Skills Course
The Level 2 Counselling Skills Course is an ideal starting point on your journey to becoming a skilled listener or a qualified counsellor.
- this accredited Level 2 Counselling Skills Course is a comprehensive introduction to the practical skills, knowledge, and theory necessary for any skilled listener or user of counselling skills.
- this qualification progresses to the Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory and can help you to take the important first step on your journey towards becoming a qualified Counsellor.
You can study online at your own pace and be supported by our experienced tutors so that you develop the essential skills and knowledge to kick-start your journey.
This course provides a solid footing for learners who wish to continue with the Level 3 Award in counselling skills and theory.
- Gain a nationally recognised accredited qualification
- Improve your core counselling skills
- Face to face and distance learning options available
- Personalised support
Buy now. Pay later with
The course is split into four manageable units:
Unit 1:Core Skills – define and understand the main skills included in skilled listening and counselling
Unit 1a: Using core skills– practise using these skills in a variety of situations
Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories– learn about the development of counselling theories and approaches, and how these different approaches can be used
Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills– discover the ethical requirements relating to counselling practice, and how this ethical background influences counselling practice
Unit 4:Counselling skills and personal development – reflect on how counselling skills lead to personal development and how personal values and backgrounds affect counsellors.
As part of units 1 and 1a, you will need to submit an audio recording showing your practice of listening skills.
– If you are using a purely on-line learning approach, you will need a friend or colleague to help you with this exercise and full guidance will be given to you on how to do this.
– If you’ve opted for the face to face option, this exercise will be included
- You can complete this course at your own pace.
- There is a maximum duration of 12 months to complete this course.
- Or take the ‘fast-track’ option where you can complete this course within 16 weeks.
- Alongside the online course, we can offer a one-day classroom-based Skills Practice Day
- This will cover the skills practice and audio submissions required for units 1 and 1a, and will be carried out in a group setting
- The all-inclusive cost for the Level 2 option is £500
- This option provides the access to the full online course, together with five days classroom learning
- Weeks one and two cover Units 1 and 1a, and include the Skills Practice and Audio recording elements
- Weeks three to five cover the remaining three units
- Learners should allow time in weeks six to eight to finalise unit submissions at their own pace, with tutor support by email, phone or web chat
- The all-inclusive cost for the Level 2 is £620
- We can offer the Online or Face to Face courses for groups studying together
- We offer discounts for groups :
- three or more: 5% discount
- six or more: 10% discount