NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Counselling Course develops a deeper understanding of the practical counselling skills and theory covered in the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
This NCFE CACHE nationally recognised Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory is ideal for any learner who wishes to progress onto the Level 4 diploma to become a counsellor.
- enhance your counselling abilities through robust counselling skills practice exercises while embedding and deepening your understanding of different modalities to counselling.
- these include psychodynamic, person-centred and cognitive behaviour therapy.
qualified and experienced counsellors.
With the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory, with this counselling skills level 3 course learners will benefit from unlimited access to supportive and experienced tutors, excellent rated content, and resources, which are all available through our Life Learning Platform.
- Gain a nationally recognised accredited qualification
- Improve your core counselling skills
- Face to face and distance learning options available
- Personalised support
Buy now. Pay later with
Level 3 Course
- You can complete this course at your own pace.
- There is a maximum duration of 12 months to complete this course.
- Or take the ‘fast-track’ option where you can complete this course within 16 weeks.
The course is split into four manageable units:
Unit 1: Understanding different approaches to the use of counselling skills – Gain awareness of how the different approaches can be used in a helping relationship
Unit 2: Developing and practising counselling skills – Practising counselling skills with tutor feedback and gain an understanding of applying, maintaining and ending a counselling skills relationship
Unit 3: Working ethically in helping relationships – understand how to maintain ethical standards while using counselling skills
Unit 4: Understanding the importance of self-development in relation to helping others – developing the importance of self-development, beliefs and values and identity areas for development
As part of Unit 2: Developing and practising counselling skills, you will need to submit three video recordings of the three models – Psychodynamic, Person Centred and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT showing your practice of listening and counselling skills.
– If you are using a purely on-line learning approach, you will need a friend or colleague to help you with this exercise, full guidance will be given to you on how to do this.
– If you’ve opted for the face to face option, this exercise will be included
- This option provides the access to the full online course, together with five days classroom learning
- Weeks one and two cover Units 1 and 1a, and include the Skills Practice and Audio recording elements
- Weeks three to five cover the remaining three units
- Learners should allow time in weeks six to eight to finalise unit submissions at their own pace, with tutor support by email, phone or web chat
- The all-inclusive cost for the Level 3 is £850
- Alongside the online course, we can offer a one-day classroom-based Skills Practice Day
- This will cover the skills practice and audio submissions required for units 1 and 1a, and will be carried out in a group setting
- The all-inclusive cost for the Level 3 option is £730
- We can offer the Online or Face to Face courses for groups studying together
- We offer discounts for groups :
- three or more: 5% discount
- six or more: 10% discount